How Effective Is Getting Dengue Coverage for You?
In 2020, India accounted for around 82% of deaths due to malaria in South East Asia. While there are many reasons behind the country’s inability to eliminate malaria and dengue, India’s weather is highly conducive to mosquitoes making the elimination more difficult. In fact, dengue-related deaths in the country have surpassed malaria-related deaths.
One important thing about dengue is that it has no treatment or cure. However, doctors offer supportive care in a hospital and recommend blood loss replacement and electrolyte replacement if needed.
While in many cases, dengue patients recover at home, in some extreme cases, hospitalisation is needed. Depending on the patient’s condition, the hospitalisation might last a couple of days to a week. This can result in a sizeable hospital bill.
When you opt for Dengue Insurance, the insurance provider manages all the costs associated with dengue treatment. This allows you to get the best treatment and care without worrying about the costs.
Today, we will discuss Dengue Fever Insurance and why you should opt for it.
What is Dengue?
Dengue is a vector-borne disease spread by infected Aedes Aegypti mosquitoes that suck blood from one infected organism and transfer the disease to another. It is more widespread during and after monsoons when mosquitoes lay eggs in stagnant water and humid areas.
The treatment is costly and highly risky. However, with dengue insurance cover, you can be assured that the insurer is taking care of all the treatment costs.
What are the Symptoms of Dengue Fever?
Here are some common symptoms of dengue fever:
- Joint pain
- High fever
- Skin rashes
- Muscle pain
- Severe fatigue
- Bleeding of the gums and/or nose
Dengue can be managed relatively easily if it is diagnosed early. Hence, ensure that if you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, you talk to your doctor to get tested.
Types of Dengue Fever
Dengue fever can be divided into three types:
- Mild fever: This is caused when the mosquito bite is weak. The patient suffers from fever, muscle aches, nausea, and vomiting.
- Shock syndrome: This is characterised by high fever, a fall in blood pressure, and shock. Respiratory issues are another indicator of this syndrome.
- Hemorrhagic fever: This is usually mistaken for viral fever, but if left undetected can be life-threatening.
Dengue Fever Insurance Plan
Despite taking all the precautions, all it takes is one infected mosquito bite for an individual to be infected with dengue. While you cannot prevent this, what you can do is prepare yourself financially to handle any costs associated with dengue treatment and care. Hence, look for a health insurance plan offering dengue treatment coverage.
While there are many benefits of health insurance, for dengue treatments, it can be a boon since a patient’s condition can deteriorate within hours, resulting in increased medical costs.
When you start looking for mediclaim insurance, make sure that you look for policies that offer dengue insurance online. Also, look at the inclusions and exclusions of the policy. Remember, while home remedies do wonders with a dengue patient in most cases, it is impossible to predict which patient might need hospitalisation.
Therefore, ensure you buy a dengue medical insurance policy with comprehensive coverage.
Many comprehensive medical insurance plans offer coverage for dengue along with other vector-borne diseases. Hence, if you already have a health insurance policy, then make sure you go through the list of diseases covered. If dengue does not feature in this list, then talk to the insurer about the same. If the insurer does not cover dengue, you might want to look for a dengue insurance plan, especially if you live in an area prone to a seasonal upsurge of dengue fever cases. Good Luck!
- Sustainability Redefined: How Keter Group Brings the Blueprint For Better Living With Lakeside Collection October 30, 2023
- Tradingview: Unleashing the Revolutionary Power of Trading August 28, 2023
- 6 Features That Make Cantilever Racking a Smart Investment August 3, 2023
- Achieve Radiant Skin with French Professional Skin Care Brands July 10, 2023
- Use of technology and products for People with Kidney Stones June 19, 2023
- Uncovering New Opportunities for Your Medical Billing Business May 6, 2023
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Automated Insurance Claims Software May 6, 2023