Keeping your commercial kitchen’s hood clean and well-maintained is important for aesthetic and functional reasons. It is an essential step towards mitigating fire risks. Your kitchens have heavy-duty equipment that keeps running continuously every day. Hoods and ducts are meant to minimize the risk of fire, as they remove contaminants such as smoke, grease particles, and heat. At Antiflamme Purafiltre, we specialize in complete kitchen equipment maintenance and cleaning solutions. Find out why it is so important to keep your commercial hoods clean and 4 tips for maintaining them.
Importance of Maintaining Commercial Hoods
There are two key areas that get addressed when you maintain your commercial hoods. You may take the steps yourself or get the professional help of Antiflamme Purafiltre.
1. Preventing Fire Hazards
When your commercial hoods are maintained properly and regularly, it helps remove different airborne contaminants. This includes:
- Grease particles
Lack of regular maintenance means that these contaminants spread throughout the building and get deposited on surfaces such as ceilings, walls, floors, and furniture. If a wire were to break out, this increases the chances of fire loading and spread.
2. Improved Productivity
Well-maintained commercial hoods help prevent any potential interruptions that can cause business downtime. Scheduled preventative cleaning and maintenance will help keep your operations running smoothly, giving a boost to your productivity.
Key Tips for Maintaining Your Hood
Antiflamme Purafiltre recommends following these tips for proper and regular maintenance of your commercial hoods.
1. Clean the Grease Traps Properly
The hood has multiple components and each one needs proper cleaning. Follow these tips when cleaning the grease traps:
- There are 2 grease traps on each side of the hood. Remove both of them.
- Remove all the grease in a container and wipe the traps clean. A soft-bristle brush, scrubbing pad, or cloth can be used to remove any remaining grease.
- Prepare a liquid degreaser and soak the traps in it for up to 10 minutes.
Remove the traps and dry them before reinstalling.
2. Clean the Filters
The filters can also have grease, so you must follow the same procedure as above to clean them too. If there are any damages, consider replacing the filters.
3. Clean the Interiors & Exterior
Prepare a liquid degreaser and scrub the hood fan and interior using a non-abrasive scrub pad or cloth. Any debris or grease on the exhaust should be scrubbed and removed. Use a damp towel to wipe clean the fan and interior to remove any soap residue. Use a dry and soft towel to dry all the cleaned surfaces. Use a similar procedure when cleaning the exterior.
4. Schedule Hood Inspections
It is recommended to schedule commercial hood inspections at least once in 6 months. This will help keep your kitchen hoods performing at their optimal levels. Antiflamme Purafiltre recommends the following steps during these inspections:
- Clean the nozzles
- Check the functioning of the mechanical activation
- Check the chemical tanks are full
Regular inspection and maintenance help ensure the nozzles and links are clean from grease and do not clog. It will also ensure that the nozzles are properly positioned.
Commercial Kitchen Hoods are Different
Commercial hoods are not like residential hoods that require a simple swipe once in a while and occasional motor and filter cleaning. They need more elaborate cleaning from professional services such as Antiflamme Purafiltre. When we refer to commercial hoods, it doesn’t just refer to kitchens in restaurants and hotels. This includes kitchens in schools, senior living facilities, and any business place where there is a commercial kitchen. Regular and proper maintenance can not only prevent potential risks but can also help you save costs on major repairs and replacements over time.
- Sustainability Redefined: How Keter Group Brings the Blueprint For Better Living With Lakeside Collection October 30, 2023
- Tradingview: Unleashing the Revolutionary Power of Trading August 28, 2023
- 6 Features That Make Cantilever Racking a Smart Investment August 3, 2023
- Achieve Radiant Skin with French Professional Skin Care Brands July 10, 2023
- Use of technology and products for People with Kidney Stones June 19, 2023
- Uncovering New Opportunities for Your Medical Billing Business May 6, 2023
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Automated Insurance Claims Software May 6, 2023